HOW TO BECOME MEMBER OF MCCI
The Mewar Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MCCI) is the Divisional Chamber of Southern Rajasthan representing the almost entire industrial units of Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Pratapgarh, Dungarpur, Banswara, Rajasmand & Udaipur. It has been functioning as representative body of the industries in the state since 1966, leading the cause of the entire industry and making constructive suggestions to the Central and State Government and other agencies in regards to formation of industrial Policy, Taxation Matter and other operational activities.
The local Chambers of Commerce acts as a breeding ground for businesses to thrive and succeed. Although the businesses have gone global in the digital era, the fact is that businesses are influenced by locals and the local community. No other body or organization can advocate or promote your interest better than these local chambers of commerce. On top of it, these chambers are also empowered to issue many certificates and clearances required for expansion and functioning of businesses. Being a member of these local chambers one can get these certificates and clearances hassle-free. The local chambers benefit you in ways more than one. Here are some major benefits that will prove why membership of local chambers is indispensable.
- Advocates: A chamber of commerce appeals for and protects the common interests of members. It advocates your cause to the Central Government, State Government, Officers and Department of Government, Local Authority and administration.
- Networking: The chamber conducts regular networking events where members get a chance to know each other, exchange ideas, form relationships and thus work on network building and grow individually and collectively.
- Credibility: Chambers infuses your business with customer confidence. People trust chambers and the chambers trust you so people trust you.
- Training & Development: It is important to learn new skills to sustain in the competitive market. The chambers provide opportunities for members to hone on new skills at a very low cost.
- Integrate: Being a member you become a part of the community. The more you get involved the more you learn about the challenges and the ways to deal with the challenges with others.
- Get Access to Mailing List: The chambers maintain a mailing list and it is worth the price you pay for membership.
- Part of Policy-Making: It serves as a platform to share your opinions and ideas with lawmakers and policy-framers.
Procedure to Become Member
Any individual, Proprietorship Concern, AOP, Group of Association, HUF, Trade/Business Association, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership, Company, Society, Co-operative Society or any other person engaged in trade and commerce desirous of becoming member shall submit an application in the prescribed format to the chamber. This form is to be signed by proposer and seconder by Members of MCCI. Membership Screening committee and Managing Committee of Chamber at various stages scrutinizes the application forms received. On approval by Screening Committee and Managing Committee of MCCI, you can become the esteemed member of MCCI.
The admission or rejection of membership shall be decided by the Managing Committee at the next meeting to be held after the receipt of such application of membership. Intimation to the proposed members would only be communicated of their having been accepted as Members and till they would be treated as Non-members. The Managing Committee of the Chamber have full right to accept or reject the application of such membership.
Category of MembershipThere shall be the following categories of membership.
- Corporate Member *
- Associate Members
- Association Members
- Ordinary Members
- Honorary Members
- Corporate Member *
Any Company/LLP registered under the Companies Act, 2013 and having Corporate Group’s Net Worth of Rs. 250.00 Crore or More or Gross Turnover of Rs. 1000 Crore or more and having it’s registered Office or Corporate Office or establishment in southern Rajasthan or in any parts of Rajasthan and engaged in the Manufacturing and/or Industrial Activities, may be eligible to become Corporate Membership subject of approval of Managing Committee of the Chamber on payment of prescribed fees as may be decided by the Managing Committee of Mewar Chamber of Commerce & IndustryExplanation:- For this category, Net Worth and Total Turnover shall be considered as a whole of that Company or it’s Corporate Group as a whole in which they associate or belongs.
- Associate Members Any individual, Proprietorship Concern, AOP, Group of Association, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership, HUF, Company Society, Co-operative Society or any other person resident or having their establishment or activities in southern Rajasthan or in any parts of Rajasthan and engaged in the trade, commerce or industry shall be eligible to become Associate Member subject to approval of Managing Committee of the Chamber on payment of prescribed fees as may be decided by the Managing Committee of Mewar Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Association Members Associations/Member’s Bodies situated in southern Rajasthan or in any parts of Rajasthan recognized as such by the Managing Committee of the Chamber may be eligible to become Association Members subject to approval of Managing Committee of Chamber on payment of prescribed fees as may be decided by the Managing Committee of Mewar Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Ordinary Members Any individual, Proprietorship Concern, AOP, Group of Association, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership, HUF, Company or any other person resident or having their establishment or activities in southern Rajasthan or in any parts of Rajasthan and engaged in the trade, commerce or industry shall be eligible to become Ordinary Member subject to the approval of Managing Committee of the Chamber on payment of prescribed fees as may be decided by the Managing Committee of Mewar Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Honorary Members Gentleman distinguished for public services or eminent in commerce and industry and interested in the aims and object of the Chamber may be elected on the recommendations of the Managing Committee as Honorary Members by the General body of the Chamber by a majority of the members present. Such members shall be exempt from paying any subscription or admission fees. They will, however, not be entitled to vote in any meeting of the Chamber nor will they be eligible to serve on the Managing Committee. The Managing Committee shall have the powers to decide the Annual Membership Fees/Admission Fees/Subscription fees for the different categories of the members described in clause 3(a) to 3(d) and also decide the revision in fees as stated above from time to time as felt expedient.
The Annual Membership Fees *
The Annual Membership Fees shall became due for payment on 1st day of April every year and the last date for payment of Annual Membership will be 30th June. However, Managing Committee, if deem appropriate, may extend the due date of fees payable for the financial year but cannot extend beyond 30th September. A member whose Annual Membership Fees remains in arrears and after the time to time period extended by the Managing Committee and given in the final notice by email by the Hon’y Secretary General or any other office bearer or officer/staff of the Chamber, the name of such person shall be deleted from the register of Membership of MCCI and such person shall lose all his privilege of a member for such period, unless his arrears alongwith late fees, if any, as decided by the Managing Committee of the Chamber, are cleared within three months from removal of his name from the membership register.
Present Membership Fees
- Corporate Membership Rs. 20,000/- including applicable GST
- Associate Membership Rs. 3500/- Plus applicable GST at present Rate of GST is 18%.
- Association- Trade/Business Association- Rs. 2000/- Plus applicable GST at present Rate of GST is 18%.